Introduction

A Little About Us

Morton’s foodstore in Dublin is a family-owned business that has been providing fine food since 1934. Morton’s offers a wide range of fresh and quality produce, such as meat, fish, cheese, fruit, vegetables, and more. It also has a kitchen where it prepares delicious soups, salads, dinners, and cakes. Morton’s is known for its traditional values and its commitment to customer service. It has loyal and long-standing customers who trust its food and appreciate its friendly staff. Morton’s is more than just a food store; it is a part of the neighbourhood and a part of Dublin’s history.

Locations

Our Locations

Ranelagh

We’re proud to be one of the original food stores in Ireland, and our old-fashioned, family-values-based approach of selling top quality produce sourced fresh from the markets and the best producers, has served our customers very well over the years. It seems that when it comes to food, more and more people are looking for quality they can trust. They’re looking for traditional values.
It makes us happy to see the same familiar faces, our loyal long-standing customers coming into our shop week after week. Of course, we also love to meet new friends. We’re part of the neighbourhood and that’s the way we like it. Drop in and say hello, and let our staff be of service.



Hatch Street

Morton’s in town is all about providing top quality meals for the busy professionals who work in the area. Located in the vaults of the former Harcourt Street railway station, you can grab breakfast, lunch, or arrange to have everything delivered to you at the office, from platters for meetings to catering for corporate events. Everything is made in Morton’s Kitchen, not a big industrial unit, so it’s always top quality. Our coffee is top notch too. It’s from Bell Lane, so roasted on-site in Mullingar to ensure that it’s full of fresh flavour.

The First Mortons

The First Mortons

The Morton’s story began in 1934 with a small fish, fruit and veg shop run by Charles and Esther Morton. The premises was rented, sitting on Dunville Avenue in Ranelagh, and makes up part of the Morton’s flagship store today. Charles used to cycle across the city to Smithfield Market to choose fresh fish and

The Family Expansion

The Family Expansion

In 1953 Charles and Esther’s son Albert and his wife Iris, opened a grocery store on the corner of Dunville Avenue and Moyne Road. The Morton shops were separated by a cottage until that building came up for sale in l963. According to Iris, Charles wanted to pay £800 for the cottage but in the end had to pay £1,200 in old money. Architectural plans were drawn up and a whole new front with inch square tiles in pale yellow,

The Modern Mortons

The Modern Mortons

In 1998, Morton’s added the addition of a kitchen at Dunville Avenue, allowing for the baking, making and tasting of unique family recipes and goodies passed on for generations in-house. In 2007, the kitchen was further expanded and relocated above the store. Since then, the company has continually expanded and evolved, maintaining it’s original mission to provide quality food and beverages to the community.