Poached Martin Sec Pears in red wine with crème anglaise
Gluten free coconut and blueberry pancakes
Irish rhubarb is back in season and it’s a real favourite with our chefs here at Morton’s! Rhubarb’s pink stalks really remind us of all things spring. Known as the “pie plant” for its uses in tarts and sweet pies, here is another recipe that differs from the usual for you to try at home.
What you need
450g rhubarb, cut into chunks
2 tablespoons water
225-300ml softly whipped cream
- Put the rhubarb into a stainless-steel saucepan with the sugar and water. Stir, cover, bring to the boil and simmer until soft – around 20 minutes.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until the rhubarb dissolves into a mush.
- Allow to cool completely. Whip the cream until it holds soft peaks.
- Fold in the whipped cream to taste.
- Serve chilled with some of Morton’s shortbread discs to top it all off.